Monday, April 4, 2011

Roots of Steam Punk


Here is my "steam punk" art work. Instead of creating something fanciful and shining, I backed up a bit and made something with parts of photos that I've taken of real bits of very old, steam-driven machines. I created the border with little pieces cut from the collage.

The technique I used to create the border may be one of those that will be included in our new book, Creating with Pixels. This book will be filled with all sorts of new ways to play with Photoshop and Photoshop Elements to create digital art that can be displayed digitally, printed on paper and framed, or printed on fabric, quilted, and embellished.

2 comments:

  1. A very unique and original take on the challenge theme. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann has taken my words -- unique and original! Thank you for sharing this very creative interpretation of this week's challenge. Well done!

    ReplyDelete